Monday, November 1, 2010

Live from Labor & Delivery

Quick update:

Started having tons of pressure and cramping increasing over the past 3 days.  Kept in touch with Sheela yesterday, decided I would spend the night at home, then come to the office 1st thing in the morning.  I talked to her at about 8 am and she said I might as well make my way straight over to the hospital since I've been increasingly uncomfortable.

Arrival at the hospital was about 9:45 and Sheela came to check me.  As of now, I'm 2 1/2 cm dilated and at a +1 station.  That means that the baby's head is already making his way though the pelvis...and you only get to +3, then that's when the baby starts to crown.

Sheela is going to come back tonight around and check me again...Jared and I decided that if I've dilated more we're going to stay, if not, we'll go home and play each day by ear.

Needless to say, I'm in A LOT of pain...like constant period cramps and a crap ton of back pain.  It's wearing me out, too...I'm very tired like I've been running a marathon.  Ha, like I'd know what that would feel like.  Any way, I'm gonna go walk the halls with Jared.

See you along the journey--

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the live report!!!! :) I felt like I was watching the news. I could hear little Jared saying (on our fake radio shows that we taped) Kermit E Frog here live in the delivery room where Jessica Gard is getting ready to have a baby LOL :) You'll have to ask him about that one!
    BTW, you've been doing something WAY harder than a marathon! I so admire your strength and positive attitude! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just asking Kim about you yesterday. Good luck with everything. We have been thinking about you. Keep up the "Live" reports, we are reading. :-) Tell Jared I said hi.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete