Wednesday, December 8, 2010

They Say Sleep When The Baby Sleeps

But what happens when the baby doesn't sleep?! Right now he's in his swing...bright eyed and bushy tailed (hmmm...) with a securely fastened binky hopefully thinking about drifting away to sleep land.

Thankfully last night I went to bed a little after 10, slept til Jared brought the babe in around midnight...was up for a feeding from 2-3...slept til 4:30 and have been up since.  I think the toughest part about the waking up is that the sleep is so erratic that you never really get the chance to dive into that wonderful restorative deep sleep. 

Opps, the bink popped out. 

Okay, back.

Judah won't sleep in his bassinet anymore.  He'll only sleep in his swing (and he wakes up when it automatically shuts off).and he likes to be swaddled with his legs indian style and folded up onto his belly.  When he's all wrapped up he looks like a burrito.  Aww our little burrito baby.  Ay ayayayaayyyy arriba.
Modeling the strap on the changing pad....lol

Within the week, he's developed some new sounds besides cry and quiet so that's neat and he's beginning to notice his surroundings.  He stares at the lights on his bouncy seat...which one of the songs states "kitties cuddle with the sun".  That's what the future of America is learning from their bouncy seats? Comon Fisherprice!  Needless to say, we only play the music feature (and leave off the voice) but I regress.

I brought him into the store yesterday to see everyone and so that I could pick up a few things.  I was in there for 3 hours.  It was really, really nice to get out of the house.  Everyone wanted to hold him and they kept taking turns and passing him around.   Donna kept telling everyone "he used to work here" haha.  He was a pretty popular dude.

Well I have to go nurse...but wanted to update real quick.  Oh, and I'll leave you with a weird fact of the day:  when you take your vitamins, your milk turns a radioactive color.

See you along the journey--

2 comments:

  1. haha, so funny, he looks like he's getting bigger already! Glad he's enjoying the swing at least =) I think we are getting the pack and play with the newborn napper that vibrates, all the reviews said it was the greatest...so we'll see I guess. Hope your having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh he is so adorable! He looks like he's living the life wrapped up in that little burrito lol. Hope you and Jared are doing well too!

    We are probably heading up that way right after Christmas for a few days- we're thinking the 26th, 27th, 28th. We'd love to meet Judah and see you guys! Let me know if any of those days might work for you.

    Hope you're all keeping warm in this frigid weather. See you soon <3

    ReplyDelete