Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So what's been going on?

I recently went back and read my old blog posts from when I was pregnant with Judah. 

Two things immediately struck me:  I was much more humorous back then with my posts (and talked about a variety of things) and #2: My pregnancy was much, much harder. 

It brought back a lot of unpleasant memories of the physical and emotional ailments that plagued me that I hadn't blogged about, too.  Last pregnancy was so, so hard and I'm forever grateful and thank Jesus so many times a day for allowing me to experience what it's like to be a normal, functioning pregnant woman.  I got so sad hearing about woman going outside for walks (this was something that became a rarity even before bedrest because I would get sick), going to family events, or even shopping for the baby.  I feel so much more positive this time around.  I have been encouraged each time at our ultrasound appointments.  My body feels better.  I feel more prepared.  I'm happy to not be big and pregnant in the heat again. 

Yes, I'm tired.  My stomach and back itch like crazy.  I'm starting to get more stretch marks.  I can't stop eating garbage food (which makes me feel guilty, but doesn't stop me anyway).  I'm beginning to get that razor-sharp-burning rib cage pain again.  Things are all of a sudden becoming a huge effort to move around. I don't sleep well. But at this point, I'm not experiencing high risk issues.  I don't care about all that other stuff.  I'm just SO truly thankful and grateful.  When someone asks me how I feel, I try to remember to remember to say, "really good". Thank you Lord!

I've found that on Sundays, I can go out in the afternoon during Judah's nap and do some shopping. My usual places are Target and Wegmans (quicker and easier done sans 2 yr old). This past Sunday I conquered all of the kid's shopping.  And felt AMAZING about it!  I feel like I got some really awesome things and really enjoyed myself.  Oh and I got myself a pair of patent leather red flats, as well as the same in a deep plum :) .............and a headband. 

-------------------------------------------------
How far along? 21w, 3d (according to doctor's edd)

Total weight gain: Was 133 on the doctors scale a week and a day ago.  At Aunt Weezie's I was 129, the day or two before.  Even less than that on our scale.  Not sure who's is right.  People keep asking me how much longer until the baby gets here and it's beginning to make me a little self conscious.  I know I got big all of a sudden, but not that big....... :/

How big is baby? Big. Haha. 
says the bump . com
from baby center . com
Maternity clothes: I wish I had a more extensive ware drobe.  I got a few new pieces though and feel much, much better in them.  I'm glad I still have some room in my winter coat, too :)  I'm really hoping not to have to buy another one,

Stretch marks: Yeah, I do believe so.  It's hard to tell but I think I see some new purple or reddish lines.  Next to white ones.  Im thinking the white ones are old and since these are a different color, they must be new.

Sleep: Last night was horrendous.  I had probably about a total of 3 hours sleep.  Judah kept waking up hysterical and inconsolable for long periods of time.  Finally around 4-6:30, after trying unsuccessfully everything else I had the previous times I went in throughout the night, I picked him up and he collapsed on my shoulder and slept in the chair like that (I did not however, because his 36 lbs was crushing my pregnant belly and my head was kinked wayyyy off to the side).  Jared was snoring and kept trying to lovingly crush me with his arm to cuddle.  Then Lily busted through the gate because her cage door wasn't latched.  Boom.  Then I had to pee. Then I had 600 nightmares about accidentally joining the military, beginning totally confused, frightened, and alone.  They involved a lot of running, hiding, various drills, planes flying above dropping bombs on us, and me waking up from the dream because there was one of the guys that jumped out of the pain standing above me pointing a gun at my chest trying to decide if he was going to shoot. 

I never had these dreams and nightmares (at least that I can remember) with Judah.  They're so vivid and unlike any of my normal dreams.

Other than that, it's okay.  It takes me a long time to fall asleep some nights because I can't get comfortable, but other nights, I'm out like a light.  I haven't slept with a body pillow or anything like that yet, but do like to sneak over to Jared's pillow that he uses for his legs and kind of wedge that underneath me :)

Movement: Mostly when I lay down, but also a few times a day when I'm sitting up.  We learned that she is breech at our last ultrasound so that's why her kicks have been so low.  She hangs out in the same spot all the time it seems (like Judah did, but on the left side, instead).

Food cravings: Oh man--so weird.  So I was at my Aunt's house for Mike and Kim's wedding.  They didn't have any breakfast food that I wanted, but I did see some whole grain bread and preserves.  I started to get bummed seeing only terrible peanut butter until I saw they had Nutella.  Although it was def more of a junk food than a nut butter and had artificial vanilla in it, I figured it was still better than the Jif and tried it out to see what the hype was.  Okay, I feel like I eat a piece of cake every day for breakfast now.  Can't help it.  Nutella and cherry preserves.  INSANITY. The jars are both almost empty and I will not be rebuying my dessert breakfast next week, but holy cow.  Mmm.

Food aversions: I've had a few nauseous nights lately out of no where, but ate anyway and it resolved.

Belly button: Well, it's not going back in any time soon, that's for sure.

Symptoms:   See above.

What I'm looking forward to:  Thanksgiving on Thursday (I'm making the turkey, sweet potatoes, and mashed), Christmas shopping, and decorating.  And being able to relax.  We've had a crazy, crazy busy few weeks and I'm really looking forward to relaxing.  Next Sheela appointment and ultrasound is on the 10th.

Not baby related: We've officially had our "Word Explosion!!!!!!"  Judah will repeat almost anything you ask him to and has been saying tons of things all by himself and unprompted.  It's so awesome to hear him use catch phrases and just little things that I've said to him or just used in my every day language that he's listened to and is now putting to use.  He was running around screaming "bitch" for some reason though (not sure what he was meaning to say) and when we pulled into Poppy's for dinner on Saturday, he screamed "butthole!"  It makes me do a major side eye and laugh so hard because it comes out clear as day, but that's not what he means or is attempting to convey.

Weekly joy:  Being encouraged by our small group.

Going to the library yesterday and seeing Judah play with the train table, lego table, and watch him be so friendly and kind with the other parents and kids.  The weather has been glorious and the park by the dog park yesterday was so much fun.  It's awesome to be outside, and comfortable, at the end of November!

See you along the journey--

No comments:

Post a Comment