Thursday, September 1, 2016

17 Weeks!

How far along? 17 weeks, 1 day

16w, 4d

Total weight:  130 at my appointment last Thursday

How big is baby? As of last week, 4 inches crown to rump, feet are 1 cm, and babies weigh 5 oz!

Maternity clothes: Its going to be sad when I can't wear my dresses anymore.  Maybe I can figure something out with leggings and tunics or something.  Anything tight on my belly is SO uncomfortable and makes me crampy.  Dreading having to wear maternity jeans and all that.

Stretch marks: No new ones yet, I dont think?  Starting to put cream on daily.

Sleep: I've been having a hard time getting comfortable at night.  I need to have my one knee/leg bent up pretty high so Im taking up more room in the bed and Jared's all up in my pregnant way.  Honestly though, Im totally hogging the bed.  The last few nights Ive been sleeping with a pillow either between my legs or at my side...it helps a little bit.  I had a wedge pillow, that thing was bogus.  Maybe it'd work for later on, but it is NOT helping now.

Movement:  YAY! Yes!!  I felt my first 100% baby bumpin on Sunday night at Grandma and Grandpa's.  Its on the right side of my belly (assuming Baby B).  It took a few days but I felt some thumps a bit lower on my left side.  I definitely feel movement on the right side of my stomach several times a day, but usually not much on the left.  They did mention that my placenta is anterior (in the front) and that it might be a while until I feel them so maybe its covering the left side more. 

Food cravings: Still, no real cravings but I definitely prefer savory foods (sometimes salty) over sweet.

Food aversions: Vinegar

Belly button: It sticks out :)

Symptoms:  My lower back/hip is hurting pretty consistently.  It feels like something popped out of joint.  I went to the chiropractor but unfortunately she didnt crack anything (just used the clicker thing) and I felt no difference getting up off the table.  I'm also so, SO exhausted.  I can't get over it and I feel bad but I dont want to do anything with the kids because even the simplest things take up too much energy and I almost feel like I'm ignoring them because whenever I try to sit near them or suggest and get a simple project ready, everyone starts complaining and Im just too tired to deal with it.
Preterm labor stuff:   My cervix measure 4+ cm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They also said that my cervix is very curved and it was...it was weird.  I dont know what that's all about.  Oh, just looked it up.  Tipped/tilted cervix.  Ive been told that before.

Twin specific stuff:  Lindsay ordered the invites for the boys' shower (I cant wait to see them!) and I got a registry together.  
We've started on every two week appointments at MFM...still haven't received a bill yet so a little worried about that...YIKES!
The 16 week appointment was good, she did a long u/s and all fluids and sizes that can be checked at this point are all normal and appropriate.  The specialist that came in this time was really great and I hope to be able to see him again in the future.  He was just really nice.
I'm enjoying feeling them move :)
I've also been taking lots of epsom salt baths :)

What I'm looking forward to:  Having more energy!  Doing some crafts.  The last few days I've really wanted to work on something (but am too tired :( )

Not baby related:   We sold the CRV, went on vacation to TN, visited with old friends and Jared's family, and Judah had his back to school meet and greet.  6 days and my baby starts all day kindergarten.  Gahhhhhhh.

Weekly joy: We switched our and the kids' bed rooms again so that we're in the bigger room.  We should have done it sooooo much sooner because the kids room functions great in there (stuff actually fits better in there!) and our room doesn't look like a mod-podged mess.  They both look equally cute and loved and I feel like our bedroom is so tranquil now, whereas before, it stressed me out!


No comments:

Post a Comment