Yesterday I started spotting and it freaked me out since I've never experienced that before in a pregnancy. I decided to wait it out overnight and see if anything changed or subsided. When it continued along with my contractions and some cramping I decided to text my old midwife and see what she thought. She told me to go in to get checked to see if my cervix was changing so, off I went!
Both babies are head down (so that big bulgy round thing above my belly button is Ezra's butt), fluids are good, their placenta looks healthy, and my cervix is thankfully closed and posterior still. Unfortunately, my contractions are still very regular and they can't give me an exact answer as to why theres been blood. It's assumed I'm losing my mucus plug (ew) since some other fun stuff came along with it (ew, ew). If it gets worse or my contractions change from their normal, I'll have to go back. She told me to "lay low" and said my resting and help at home is what is keeping me pregnant, given all the contractions and the weight of the babies.
I'm grateful for the help and although I feel guilty having Aylah play on her own or watch 3 episodes of Mr. Rogers in a row, she's still a happy girl and it could be worse. My father in law sent over some food for dinner last week and some women from MOPS decided to jump on a meal train for us. It's been a huge blessing not to worry about dinner because it's really been a huge struggle at that time of day...which is really becoming any time of day, since my first nap has been around 9am this past week. It is so intense!
Hard to believe we're going to be meeting these boys in a few weeks! 40 days until 37 weeks! 💙💙
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment