Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Here Goes Nothin'!

Alright. Jared's asleep.  Baby's asleep.  Let's see if I can get this post done before someone needs me.

Okay, back to two Saturdays ago.  We had a potluck here (I so wish I would have taken pictures!).  I made it all official by sending out fancy little e-vite invitations and we ended up having 7 guests and 3 children come--Valerie, Kevin, April (her two daughters), Tom, Briana, Megan and Heath, from our birthing class (and their daughter).  Combine with Jared, me, and Judah....it was a fulllllll house!!  We brought the dogs over Jared's dads (I don't know how we would have managed otherwise, in hind site) and we used our table and borrowed one to create a beast (haha I typed 'breast' the first time, can you tell I'm a mom?) of a table.  I went to Salvation Army and got these sweet candle holders, used the tapers from our wedding (they were just sitting there), put on a super fancy table cloth we got from our wedding, and had some other candles in little tea light holders.  Tom walked in (with his box of pizza haha) and said "Whoa! What is this? Fine dining?) Heck yes it is.  We had good tunes and lots of good converastion...well, hilarious conversation I should say.  The whole house was so loud, which was a good thing, because to me, it meant that everyone was having fun.

Here was our menu:

We covered the drinks:
  • Water with lemon slices 
  • A variety of teas
  • Pomegranate blueberry punch with fresh floating blueberries :)

Appetizers:
  • Kettle brand Salt & Vinegar chips
  • Hummus with rice thins
  • Blueberries
  • Another hummus and crackers (made by Megan)

Dinner:
  • Herb salad with walnuts, shredded beets, and feta (Val)
  • Turkey quinoa mexicanish bean thing (Kevin)
  • Indian chicken dish (April)
  • Frittata (us, but from Caravia :) )
  • --Tom brought his own pizza because he doesn't eat fruits or vegetables or anything healthy he said.

Dessert:
  • I made these cookie dough balls that Lindsay showed us.  I used raw cashews and omitted the salt. They were a hit.
  • We had 3 different kinds of ice cream and Jared made his famous fudge and real whipped  cream.  MmmMmmMmm.  Everyone lo0o0o0ved it.  

We all really had a good time and so many people thanked me, even days later saying how much of a good time they had.  It made me feel really good and I was so glad that we had a successful even and the little Judah pants enjoyed himself, too.  It was like Baby Batchlor, by the way.  He had 3 wife options to choose from haha.

The week following the party, last week, was a big week for Judie-too-fruity (as Jared calls him, in hopes to toughen him up).  He found his vocal cords and has started shrieking uncontrollably and rolled over for the first time.  In the morning, he rolled over but had his arm stuck underneath him so he couldn't pull himself up.  Jare was in the shower, so he missed it.  Later on that evening, when he was playing on his mat, it looked like he was going to attempt it again, so I busted out the camera.  I caught it on tape! His first official roll over! It was like one swift move, too.  Boom--rolled over, hands underneath of him, head held high as could be!  It was so exciting!  Take that tummy-time!  Everyone really forces doing regimented tummy-time, but Judah hated it, and they way I look at it is that I don't ever see adults walking around dragging their heads across the floor, so why force him to do something that makes him upset and scream?  His head control has gotten so good, too!  The pediatrician told me to start solids, but just like with just about everything else she's recommended, I'm not doing that yet.  I know he's not ready yet, there's no rush, and I believe in letting his digestive system mature.  Oh! As of March 8th, he weighed in at 18.4 lbs so it's not like he's malnourished, either. Haha, big boy.

Well, I've brought you up to speed through this past week and I still need to fill you in on Judah's first trip to the hospital and our first time calling 911 to our house.  You'll have to wait til next time, folks, as my kitchen is a disaster from dinner and there are lots to things to be done to clean up before the boys wake up.

Next post, I plan to post a bunch of new pictures.  Stay tuned!

See you along the journey--

2 comments:

  1. I love it Jess, especially the "breast" table, haha. Glad you had such a spectacular time and the cookie dough balls were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely the hostess with the mostess Jess! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete