Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last Day of Summer....

Already!  I can't believe it! 

We decided to hold off on our vacation to Nashville until Jared's work slows down since it's feast or famine. He's been extremely busy with new customers (and old, of course) and is booked into October.  I'm really bummed I'm going to miss the Country Living Fair---I was looking forward to stopping there on our way down since it's in Columbus and right along the path we'd be traveling.

There were two weddings, an engagement (which we're SO excited about!), and our own 2nd anniversary (which, unfortunately, we didn't get to celebrate since we had said wedding, Jared was the best man and had to drive the bride & groom of said wedding to NYC that night for their honeymoon, annnnnnnnd we had the other wedding the night before).  It was a little busy.

We went to New Jersey twice and stayed with Aunt Weezie.  It was really nice to see everyone--Sarah even came in from Boston to spend time with us while we were there.  It was nice.  It's good to be around family, without all the drama :)  I've really started to see a side of my dad that I've never witnessed before.  He really loves Judah and asks if he can hold him and he even stayed with him one day while we ran to the grocery store.  He's always wanted a boy so I was really excited when we were able to tell him he was going to have a grandson.  It's neat to see him interact with him.  Oh.  And he fed him beef jerky..........................................

Life has changed big time around here with the baby now that he's mobile.  He's into EVERYTHING. Like everything, everything.  Jared's actually watching him so I can blog this and all I hear is "Judah, no!" "Judah, stop!" "No. No. Nononnononnoo no" "Judah!".  He still hasn't walked yet but that hasn't stopped him from pulling up on everything and cruising all over the place.  Just tonight, he pulled Jared's lunchbox off the shelf climbing on top of it and used it as a ladder to get to a higher shelf that he can't normally get to.  Oh, boy.

He's got 4 teeth now.  Teething is the WORST.  It's affected his sleeping negatively and he is very clingy during the day making it difficult to get anything done. Getting a shower before 2 o'clock is hard to come by nowadays.  He's been resisting his naps and avoiding bed time--big time, then wakes up several times a night most nights.  It's sad to see him in pain.  Thank God for the Ergo, if I didn't have that I don't know what either of us would do.  It's really been a lifesaver!

He's obsessed with solids now and I've been feeding him a variety of things: brown rice and millet rice cakes, kamut puffs, squash, sweet potato, avocado, green beans, carrots, white potatoes, home made soup, and sprouted bread are among the things he's had now.  Oh, and how could I forget?!  Raspberries.  I know they're on the "no" list of foods before 1, but he's crazy for them!  He started screaming when he sees the package and can't get enough of them.

He's got tons of hair, it's over his ears, and all crazy in the front. He's also still a pretty solid gentleman, sporting 18-24 month clothes.

He has a spatula that he carries everywhere and waves all around like it's his magic wand and loves to hold cups and say "AHHHH!" into them.  It's cute. His babbling vocabulary is pretty extensive now and on two separate occasions both Jared and I think he said his name. He's saying a lot of dadadadadaaaa stuff, but not at Jared in particular.

He won't sit still in the bath tub anymore and wants to stand all the time.  I got a whale to cover the faucet and need to get a mat of the tub floor so he doesn't kill himself.

I got baptized on Sunday.  It was a pretty neat experience, although it was really quick and I felt like I wasn't as focused as I wanted to be because I invited a bunch of people and there was no quiet time before the baptism started.  I cried, though (surprise, surprise), and have been waiting a long time to do what God has told his children to do when they're ready.

Well, I better go rescue Jared,  I will post a bunch of pictures later :)

See you along the journey--





1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha, loved reading this post, it made me laugh and smiles lots! I miss you guys sosososo much! can't wait to see ya in 62 days...but whose counting :)

    ReplyDelete