Thursday, August 2, 2012

Can you keep a secret??

Today, I'm 5 weeks, 3 days pregnant!

We spilled the beans to my super awesome sister in law today by giving her (or Lola) the t-shirt she gave Judah to announce her pregnancy. Since the shirt was only 6mo. and Lola is 18-24 mo., it needed a little bit of altering and some girly-ness :) I finished it last night :)

No one knows yet, just Jared, my midwife Sheela, and April because she guessed (I'm SO bloated already!!!!). We plan to tell my father in law at Saturday's dinner. Lola will wear her shirt and I will make one for Judah (have to get on that!) and we'll see how long it takes "poppy" to notice.

When we told him we were pregnant with Judah, we gave him a little wooden sign about being a grandfather. He didn't get it and was like "oh very nice, very nice." We were like "We're pregnant!!!" His reaction was priceless hahaha. We'll see!!

I'm still incredibly nervous after losing a pregnancy back in May. We were 4w3d then and I took it really hard. I was worried bc the test line wasn't getting any darker, so I had a feeling that something wasn't right, but it was a huge surprise to see blood. I had no cramping up until that point or anything. That's what kind of worries me because it was just a shock-- no warning. Every time I go to the bathroom, I fear it. I praise the Lord that we're a full week past where we were last time around, I have a dark pink line, and am slowly collecting symptoms. I can't remember when I got nauseous with Judah so since I only have verrrrrrrry mild waves every once in a while, that adds to the nervousness in my head. Every time I get crampy, I get nervous. Jared reminds me that God is in control and that anything can happen to any one of us...at any given moment. We just have to trust and rest. I'm thankful for a God who loves us so much, who knows our hearts, and plans our lives perfectly.

See you along the journey--

1 comment: