Friday, May 24, 2013

2 month update

Aylah celebrated her 2 month birthday by sleeping from about 10-4am. That was a really nice surprise! I went to bed a little after 11 so I got a great stretch of sleep. I'm hoping once I put her back down (she's got the hiccups now, so I'm rocking her) that she'll sleep until like 7:30. That'd be glorious! Oh, and TMI: she's stopped pooping so darn much that I only need to change her once throughout the night instead of every waking--usually sometime around midnight, once around 2 or 4, and then again around 6 or 7ish.

She's still a really happy baby. She's starting to smile a lot now when you're in her face talking to her, and she's starting to talk to the same dragonfly that Judah was really fond of. She's starting to excitedly flail around, too, when I lay her down on the changing pad. She's hated the swing, so we packed that up and she loves sitting in the bouncy chair.

She weighed in at 11lbs, 10oz and 23 3/4in at her dr appointment on Monday. I forget what her percentiles were...50 some for height I think...but she's long and lean.

She's still using a binky. It's official that she's a binky babe. She likes it after she eats (bc she still wants to suck, but can't nurse any more bc she overfills her runny and will spit it all up) and also when she's tired. I don't normally put her to bed with the binky, just let her have it until she falls asleep. It's cute, she holds it in with her hands or her forearm.

Well, I think that's all for now, she's got her eyes shut...I'll give her a few more minutes, then hopefully, it's back to bed for the both of us!









No comments:

Post a Comment