Monday, July 4, 2016

8 weeks, 5 days

How far along? 8w, 5d


Total weight:  121

How big is baby? Kidney bean-ish to an inch

Maternity clothes: I feel like I did quite a bit of growing this week.  Regular shorts will button, but will be tight so I just avoid them.   No sense in being uncomfortable.  Thankfully, its the perfect time of year for dresses and I can feel pretty, put together, and comfortable.  

I pulled out my old bras from when I was pregnant and nursing before and it was AMAZING.  I was really in pain but didn't think I'd fit into my old ones yet.  Wow, was I wrong.  

Stretch marks: Now that I found out we're having TWINS (!?!?!??!) I have a feeling I will be a big huge stretch mark!  My sweet husband took the kids out yesterday after church because I started feeling sick and came home with Burts Bees Mama Bee leg and foot cream and belly butter.  That gesture made me feel so loved and taken care of. 

Sleep: Last night I went to bed at 11 and slept until 6:30 when I woke up and thought my bladder was about to explode.  The night before I was in bed by 9:00 and then was wide awake by 4 am.  I started feeling that weird thing that I need to eat immediately or something bad will happen (not sure if its blood sugar or what), so I got up and had a yogurt, and then couldn't fall back to sleep for a few hours.  Spent the time looking for minivans (ahhh!) online and trying to ignore Jared's snoring.

Movement:  We had our ultrasound alright!  I didn't get to see the bab(ies!!!!!!??!?!?!) becau[iouytyse when the tech told me there were twins, my body shut down.   I started shaking, my legs went numb, and my brain turned off.  I'm not even sure she really had the screen pointed toward me, mostly Jared I think, so Im glad that he took some video.  In the video, I could see that Baby B has a heart beat, I could see the flicker, but I couldn't see Baby A's heart.  The tech said that both had heart beats, though and that they were both measuring exactly on schedule, one day apart from the other.

Food cravings:
None.  Most food doesnt sound good, but I've been eating out of necessity.  If I don't eat every 2ish hours, I get weird feeling and feel sick.

Food aversions:  Vinegar.  Acid-y foods.

Belly button: Regular

Symptoms:  Sore boobs, tiredness, food doesn't sound good, some crampy-ness, the sudden urge to cry, and just general feeling kinda crappy.  I would necessarily say that I feel pregnant, though, the symptoms still don't feel like my typical, or strong, pregnancy feelings.

Preterm labor stuff:  I was told that I'll be monitored by a maternal-fetal medicine doctor.  Hopefully they will be able to help me stay away from pre-terming.  Im definitely nervous about it, since its twins, and pre-term labor is common anyway.

What I'm looking forward to:  I have a meeting with the nurse at the new OB's office next Tuesday.  She's supposed to book another ultrasound, MFM appointment, and then an appointment with my new doctor.  I dont want to wait an addition 4 weeks to see the doctor, so I hope I can convey that point clearly enough, and I am looking forward to another ultrasound so we can learn more about the twins because the tech admitted that she doesnt really see twins very often at all and that she'd have to "look things up in a book".  She did say that theyre both in the same gestational sac, but separate amniotic sacs.  She didnt say anything about placentas, but that there were two yolk sacs so maybe the placentas arent there yet.

Not baby related:  This whole week has been overwhelming to my heart and brain and basically every single thing revolved around learning that were having twins.  We did go to the butterfly house with Chuck, Lindsay, and the girls, got a monarch caterpillar to grow and learn about, went to lunch together, and then the kids all got ice cream.  Despite so breaking down by my kiddos at the end of the day, it was really nice.

Weekly joy:  Jared has been SO, SO happy to find out were having twins.  He keeps saying how special and how much of a blessing it is, and how hes so happy.  Im so glad that he's feeling that way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment