How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight: 125 ish
How big is baby? Last Tuesday at our specialist appointment, we found out that the babies are measuring 2.5 inches, crown to rump, and one of the baby's sweet little foot was 1 centimeter. We got an ultrasound pic of it :)
Maternity clothes: Finally bought a new bra. It's in the washer now. Although the fit isn't the greatest, I'm think the band will be way more comfortable. Some regular shirts are getting a little short now going over my belly, but most are okay. My legs and butt are getting big already and I'm definitely out of my regular shorts and pants (not that I'd want to squeeze in anyway). I'm hoping when I need to start wearing pants that my maternity stuff will fit properly and not fall down.
Stretch marks: I noticed some on the front of my thighs today. I don't remember if they were there already and I know I should take it as a warning and be more diligent with putting cream on...but I'm not.
Sleep: Still sleeping elevated but the heartburn has been better over the last few days. I am tired but can't unwind enough to go to bed early. Wishing I could go to bed at 9 and fall asleep. I can't really nap during the day, either, I just lay.
Movement: If I lay really still in bed, sometimes I feel "sloshing". Like floaty movements. No bumps or anything, and it wasn't in my guts either haha
Food cravings: Not really a true craving, but Virgil's root beet and Turkey Hill vanilla bean ice cream sounded so good. I made two glorious root beer floats so far.
Food aversions: Eh, different things at different times.
Belly button: Getting flatter for sure. My belly's getting bigger, and Im still getting bloated, and by the end of the day, Im huge!
Symptoms: TIRED, hungry but not sure what to eat. The Saturday before our MFM appt, I started having a REALLY bad pain in my abdomen. I became doubled over in pain and couldn't even move my body while laying down. I was afraid my appendix was rupturing or something and as I looked online I became afraid that maybe there was something wrong with my uterus. Off to the ER I went. My mom and Rich drove me and Jared stayed home with the kids. It was a Saturday and there was not one person in the emergency room. I was checked in and back in the car in just under two hours...it was insane. Come to find out, the pain was from a cyst that was rupturing on my ovary. The ultrasound tech asked if I wanted her to guess on the genders, and she said boys (explaining that the babies "nubs" were perpendicular to their spine). She also told me she thinks we got pregnant from my right ovary (the side where the cyst and pain was coming from). Alrighty then. It took a good several days for the pain to go away and by the time I had the MFM u/s, they didn't even see a cyst anymore (although I still had the residual pain).
Preterm labor stuff: The ultrasound tech said my cervix looked nice and long but that they dont measure it this early. The doctor said they dont typically do cerclages because they are more harm than good sometimes and because there is great evidence that it helps in twin pregnancies. We talked about bed rest and she's against it because of blood clots. She was pretty (very) dismissive of my past symptoms of PTL. Since we'll be monitoring the babies so closely, I'm not really too worried about it at this point. I've had some contractions, but they really aren't bad...and Im hoping they dont get bad! I'll have to go back and read but I feel like I was WAY more stressed out already when I was pregnant with Aylah and so far, things seem to be going really well.
Twin specific stuff: We had our first MFM meeting and u/s. The ultrasound was pretty long. Baby B was BUSY wiggling and jiggling and moving all around and Baby A was calm, sucking his thumb, then both fists over his eyes, just relaxing. At the u/s at the hospital on Saturday Baby B and A's "personalities" were the same then, too. We learned that the babies are definitely identical, they share a placenta, and that they are also 95% sure theyre boys. I didn't tell her what the other tech said and when I asked how she could tell so soon, she said at this point, girls usually wouldn't be as "swollen" looking. So crazy, right? We decided on Ezra for one of the babies, not sure who yet, and I really like Micah, but Jared says "No!".
We went to that appointment at 13 weeks, have another at 16 weeks, and then we'll start going every two weeks after that. Then towards the end, it sounds like I start going all. the. time. I have my first OB appointment on Friday...looking forward to meeting my OB, finally...but also a little nervous. Im going to bring the kids with me since the office is so close, it would take more time getting them to and from a babysitter. They should be fine, I don't anticipate the appointment taking that long. I bet Judah will be really excited to hear their heartbeats. He's been really interested in learning all about the babies and what happens at the doctors. He's so over the moon that theyre boys and loves putting his hands on my belly to love on them.
What I'm looking forward to: having a complication free pregnancy. I really need to start earnestly praying for it. It so weird how we dont pray for the most obvious things sometimes, isn't it?
What I'm looking forward to: having a complication free pregnancy. I really need to start earnestly praying for it. It so weird how we dont pray for the most obvious things sometimes, isn't it?
Not baby related: We're trying to sell the CRV. Judah and I vacuumed it all out tonight. It's probably the cleanest it's ever been haha.
Weekly joy: I had my first "moment" yesterday about the babies. I had cleared off all the art work and mess on the front of the refrigerator and organized all the magnets. I added the 4d ultrasound pics to the freezer door. Later on in the afternoon, I was walking by and they caught my eye. I stopped and for the first time really looked at them. Thought about what their personalities will be like, who they'll look like (hahah I guess besides eachother. Identical. How weird is that?!?!). Baby B's sweet little arms and fists were visible and you could "see" him moving them in the progression of the pictures. It was just a really neat moment. I felt like I bonded.
Weekly joy: I had my first "moment" yesterday about the babies. I had cleared off all the art work and mess on the front of the refrigerator and organized all the magnets. I added the 4d ultrasound pics to the freezer door. Later on in the afternoon, I was walking by and they caught my eye. I stopped and for the first time really looked at them. Thought about what their personalities will be like, who they'll look like (hahah I guess besides eachother. Identical. How weird is that?!?!). Baby B's sweet little arms and fists were visible and you could "see" him moving them in the progression of the pictures. It was just a really neat moment. I felt like I bonded.

No comments:
Post a Comment