Tuesday, November 8, 2016

27 weeks (tomorrow!)

How far along? 26w, 5d

Total weight:  153 lbs

How big are the babies? I cant believe it's been so long since I've done this survey!  I knew I needed to get to it but I thought I had at least done one in between!  At 24 weeks we had a growth scan and Baby A was measuring 1 lb 9oz and Baby B was 1 lb 8oz.  BUT, that was almost 3 weeks ago, so they've definitely grown since then!  I'm over the moon that their growth has remained consistent with being right along side eachother...it's so not common for that to happen and is SUCH a blessing that our babies are doing so well.

Next Wednesday we have another growth scan and I'm so excited to see what they weigh! I'm hurting big time so I'm sure theyre getting big.  I mean, even if there's only 4 lbs of baby combined, there are two amniotic sacs, a bigger placenta, and when some one is causing me pain in my ribs, theres also some one down in my hips...so it's just different.

Stretch marks: Still no new ones, yet.  I am seeing some weird shiny variations on my skin on my stomach...I wonder if I'll be suuuuuuper wrinkly after the babies are out.

Sleep: Once I'm asleep, I only wake up once around 3 or 4 to go to the bathroom.  Thank goodness!  I remember with Aylah I was waking up several times a night.  It hurts really bad to get comfortable though--Ive been having that patch of burning skin by my ribs and my pelvis/hips are SO messed up that I moan in pain trying to flip from side to side.  I'd prefer to lay on my back but then I start to feel like I'm having a heart attack or cant breathe.  I've been sleeping with 5 pillows and a wedge.

Poor Jared is still out on the couch.  He doesn't mind at all, and has been a great sport about it, but we do miss each other.

Movement:  My right side is usually larger than the left.  The kicks are super strong now and its fun because I can now feel limbs glide across my stomach.  When Im laying down, the kicks and things are so strong they actually shake or rock my whole body.  Its nuts!

Last week at my scan Baby A was head down so Im hoping he stays there.  It's hard to tell who is who but I've been feeling a lot of kicks near my cervix today so Im thinking someone is definitely breech in there.

Food cravings:  I wish I could have some really strong cravings.  Im such a weird twin-pregnant mama.  All of the things that are supposed to affect me greatly, being pregnant with multiples, havent.  Java Chip Frappuchinos have sounded really good, though :)

Food aversions: None, really.

Belly button: Very visible through my shirts.

Symptoms:  Insanely, insanely exhausted.  It's so, so bad.  Nothing helps...and I'm getting stir crazy being in the house but I'm so very tired I can't enjoy myself when I'm out.  I started crying about it a little bit today (the first time I cried over my "situation" this pregnancy).

My pelvis bones feel splintered and are EXTREMELY painful.  I started seeing a new chiropractor who has helped me tremendously with the hip pain I've been having.  My pelvic pain is all up in my "parts" though so no help there.

Preterm labor stuff:   Unfortunately I had my first bout of timeable contractions Sunday night.  I felt really terrible the whole day and then they started in the late afternoon. They were about 10-12 mins apart for about 3 hours.  They've been happening more in the last few days and Im wondering if this will be my new normal since Im getting so big.

At 24 weeks, my cervix was measuring at a 4 which is so exciting and crazy considering my lengths in the past.  They stop measuring at this point though because it is no longer a reliable indicator when carrying multiples.  It makes me feel good though, that Im still getting the bi-weekly ultrasounds to look at the babies because I'm sure she'd notice if there was something that wasn't looking right.

Twin specific stuff:  76ish days until 37 weeks I think?  WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!  We got TONS of hand-me-down clothes and I've finally gone through and organized them all.  There are just a few organized bags I need to put into the totes that I had done previously.  Lindsay said she'll come over and help me re-go through everything and take inventory about what types of things we have and if we'll actually need anything.

The crib is set up, I started moving some of my clothes out of my dresser (putting their things in instead), made a garland for above their crib, loaded up the green cabinet in the hallway with diapers and wipes, and the yellow cabinet with newborn goodies.

I keep going through the motions because there are SO MANY APPOINTMENTS and things to think about that Im forgetting to stop and dream about the wonder of the whole thing.  It's just crazy.

What I'm looking forward to:  I'm starting to get to the point where I'm just looking forward to feeling better because my body is hurting so bad.  I've read that at about 30 weeks, Im the size of a full term singleton mom, and I'm definitely feeling it, being only 3 weeks away from 3.  It hurts so. bad.

I can't wait to see their faces....I say faces...but it'll only be one face since their identical.  How weird?! SO WEIRD!!!!!!  I hope we can get a good ultrasound picture of someones face next week.  Over the last month, we havent been able to get a good, clear one.  They do seem to be putting on a little weight though, which is SO encouraging!

Not baby related:   I rehung some photos today about the couch.  I had J & A's silhouettes done and have been waiting to hang them.  I still need to add a few things to make that wall look complete but I love it so much more than before!

Weekly joy: The weather was mid 60's today so that was great (not that I get outside much anyway womp womp).  I'm enjoying getting the babies stuff organized and in place.  It's making it more real.  I know I have 10 weeks, or just under left, which seems like a lot and a little, at the same time but slowing down isn't even the term for it.  I'm basically....slow.  Done.  Put a fork in my energy.   The holiday festivities are just beginning and the to-dos are starting to pile on.  Thank goodness for my planner because I can't keep track!  I think everything will be through in a flash this year...I'm hoping I can stop and snag some precious moments and not miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment