Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Just Checkin' In!

How far along? 17 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: At the doctors, she said I was up 2 pounds from when I had originally come in. I'm definitely gaining, I think steadily, but she wants to see me gain more.

How big is baby?Week 18 is a sweet potato, measuring about 5 1/2 inches :). Almost there!

Maternity clothes: I went to Kohl's on Sunday and bought tons of new shirts! It felt so nice to be able to have clothes that fit around my stomach! The maternity section was pretty small and even with the sales, the clothes were still expensive. I did get a maternity dress on sale from $80 to $14, though, and a t-shirt that's crocheted at the top from $30 to $18. Then I went to the juniors section and bought a bunch of tank tops in x-larges (4 beaters, 1 nicer one), two t-shirts, and a cute flannel shirt. All that stuff was under $100! Yes! I love deals!!!

Stretch marks: Nothing new :)

Sleep: Ehh, I wake up every night at like 3:30 am. What's the deal with that? I've found if I don't drink before bed, which I always normally do, it helps with having to get up to go to the bathroom so much. Who woulda thought? :)

Movement: Nah, I guess it wasn't the baby I was feeling afterall. I had the midwife show me how to find my uterus though, on the outside, and the sensations were coming from there. Maybe they were weird spasms?

Food cravings: I love ice cream. What else is new? Haha, all the weight I lost in the beginning of the pregnancy was probably because I didn't want to eat my daily doses of ice cream. Haha.

Food aversions: Vinegary things, although that seems to be getting better & broccoli come to mind. I'll eat the broccoli, but I have to jam it down my throat.

Belly button: Shallower

Symptoms: I've been having quite a few Braxton Hicks contractions this week. I had them once or twice before a few weeks ago, but didn't know what they were. I had them a lot yesterday and Sunday.

I've also had problems with severe dizziness and not feeling right at all. They were relieved by laying down so I'm believing that my uterus is swelling and crushing some of my major veins.

I feel pretty good today, though!

What I'm looking forward to: At this point, two weeks from today, we'll have seen the baby and will know if it's a boy or a girl! They took a raffle at work today :)

Weekly Wisdom: For someone who only ate meat a few times a week, trying to aim for 60-80 grams of protein a day is SOO hard!

Weekly joy: Tonight Jared and I sat out on his tailgate and talked. We straightened up the house together. Those moments really, really are so precious to me.

See you along the journey--

No comments:

Post a Comment