Today continued the never ending saga of my botched root canal. I went to the endodonist today where I was tortured and made felt like crap by the assistant. It started off by her asking me if I brought my x-rays and I said "oh, they didn't fax them over?" and she smirked and said, "you don't fax x-rays". Oh, okay, sorry. Didn't know things were hand delivered anymore. So she turns around and the x-rays are sitting right there on the counter. Then I'm told I'm going to have to get atleast 5 more x-rays. So then I get upset because I don't like the radiation, just had an x-ray on the 29th of December and a CT scan the 2nd week of January. I ask for a few minutes to talk it over with Jared. I felt like I had no choice (which I didn't because it was either that, or get it pulled, which I probably should have done in the 1st place). So she comes back in and procedes to anilalate the inside of my mouth cutting it to shreads. I said, "Ouch, it's cutting me" and she goes "Well we put the same ones in 10 year olds mouths. You're just going to need to grim and bare it. Now I'm going to have to cut you again". I'm dead serious. What a jerk. Then she proceeds to ask me how my labor was. What an idiot. So anyway, they put the clamp on my tooth and I could feel it really bad so they had to numb me. Then he came back and started to work and the numbing didn't work so they had to do it again. So he's working and he gets to the end of the root with the file and the pain is excruciating and I scream. It was the same exact pain I had at the other dentist during the original procedure. He stops, then does it again. My whole body starts shaking really bad and I'm crying. This is why I asked Jared to come with me, but he left because he was afraid the baby was going to fuss (which he didn't :( ). So there goes x-ray #2 in less than 10 minutes. So anyway, he can't get the file out that the other dentist broke off in the root of my tooth, he dumped some medicine in the tooth (hole?) and patched it up...only for me to have to come back in a week. I'm going to become one of those people that needs to be heavily medicated before getting any dental work done. Before any of this root canal stuff happened, I never minded going to the dentist. I actually really enjoyed going. I couldn't understand why people would get so worked up about it, thought they were being sissies, and just needed to get over it. Ugh, I've joined their side. Oh, and I think I have a cavity, or two, on the other side of my mouth. Nice.
Stop whining and what's up with Judah T you ask? Well, he laughed for the first time this week. Jared had his hands and was making them bop together and he made noises as if he was playing the drums. His face lit up he had a hugggggge toothless grin and laughed and laughed and laughed. It was so cute. He's been in cloth diapers for the past 2 weeks and it's going pretty well. I swapped with a girl on thebump and just got 2 new ones in the mail today :).
What else? Hmm, I guess that is it for now. I'm going to go wake little boy boop from his late evening nap to put him in the bath so I don't need to do that tomorrow morning. Wish me luck. Oy.
See you along the journey--




Jess, I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible time at the dentist. It's so hard to find a decent doctor these days. I've never had any painful work at the dentist (a cavity at most), so I can't even imagine how you feel.
ReplyDeleteIn October I went to the dentist to have her bond my two front teeth (basically means putting a resin on top and around teeth to cover up/reshape the tooth). Anyway, I had it done, and was pretty satisfied. A couple months later I was biting into a blowpop (ok bad idea on my part) and a piece chipped off (the bonding), making me look like a redneck snaggeltooth son of a gun. Cool. So I went back and she fixed it, only I looked in the mirror and one tooth was crooked. I told her it wasn't straight but she didn't understand (she is Asian so she doesn't understand everything English). Finally, she straightened it out. Now, a few weeks ago, I'm crunching on a cracker..a CRACKER, and my tooth chips again. So now I'm not allowed to eat crackers? I went back and she fixed it up, only to leave me with a crooked tooth again, which I had to tell her it was not straight. Shouldn't she be able to tell? She's the dentist for goodness sakes. So then I ask her, how can I prevent this from happening in the future. She proceeds to tell me, "oh, you try not to chew on front of teeth, chew on sides." Ok cool, thanks, I guess I'll just be shoving all my food in the side of my mouth from now on. LOL. Anyway, I'm pretty fed up with some of these doctors. Just thought I would share my own story, even though I'm not going through nearly as much pain as you seem to be. I hope it gets corrected for you next time, and you don't have to deal with that rude assistant!
Judah laughed, that is so awesome! I'm sure there will be many "firsts" coming up. Can't wait to hear all about them!
Aw, Jess I didn't realize it was so traumatic! I would have totally screamed and cried too...infact I would have probably gave that lady a piece of my mind! Good thing I wasn't there or the "Jared" in me would have definitely come out :) I hope this all gets resolved soon! So excited about Judah laughing, pretty soon he'll be talking up a storm! Wonder what his first word will be...Lily or Captain? :) HAHA Anyways, what restaurant is that? It looks fun! Glad you are getting to go chill for a bit, Have fun!!
ReplyDeleteIt's Zummo's in Scranton. It's where Electric City Roasting is :) It wassssss good :)!
ReplyDeleteKim, I love to read your comments. You're such a good writer & I enjoy your stories :)