Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sensual Saturday

Haha, sensual.  What's that?  That's a topic for another blog ladies and gents. 

Anywho, I'm coming to you live from the couch, one hand typing, feeding the baby. Oh, and enjoying a lil trail mix I made: oats, raw walnuts, sunflower seeds, cranberries, a few honey cashews, & you guessed it...chocolate chips. Mmm  Mmm MMMMMMMMMM!

I worked again (or ah-gee as Judah says) today, so that's good.  Since I only work 6 hrs a week, they don't take many taxes out and I bring home 10 something an hour.  Every little bit helps.  I'm responsible for paying my school loan then the rest I'll save in my checking account or use for personal spending.  It's nice to be independent again, even if it's only a few extra buckaroonis here and there.


Lunch was fun yesterday.  I picked up Val and we met Michele at the restaurant and her 3 sons were there.  They're all hysterical and we had a grand ol' time.  I had portobella & sage soup & split a slice of quiche with Val.  We all hung out for a while and I  nursed in public for the 1st time which was a little nerve wracking for me.  Of course I was covered up, but I still felt like everyone knew even though it probably wasn't that obvious.  Michele helped me get comfortable at first, told me no one was looking, and told me if I want to go out and do things, I'd better get used to it.  She's right.  After that, me and Judah T went back to Val's for a few hours and talked. We had a great conversation and it was awesome and so refreshing to be out of the house, without being stressed if the baby cries or needs to eat, and just having some girl time.  I don't ever get that....we decided were going to make it a weekly thing now.  Cool.  Oh, and I got to eat some of her cake that she made.  She's so fancy and her food is always so fabulous.

Judah really discovered his hand 3 days ago. He forms a fist and holds it way out in front of him.  He starts to rotate it and stares and stares.  It's funny because his other fist is also clenched so tight---but he pays no attention to that one haha.  Jared said today while I was at work, he opened his hand and was realizing he had fingers.  It's neat to see his growth and progress.

Speaking of growth, he's probably nearing 20 pounds already. A lady was in the store today with her son who is 7 months.......and is the SAME SIZE as Judah.  She tole me not to worry because she thought her son was going to be a giant, too, but his growth plateaued. That's good because if he keeps growing at this rate, he'll have to start carrying me! 

In 2 days, Jared and I will have been together 7 1/2 years.  Holy mole-o.  I'm excited to get back to being more than roommates (err, housemates, since we don't even sleep in the same room anymore).  It's been tough.  We need to learn how to spend quality time together and laugh like we used to before the pregnancy got really difficult, unrelenting stress set in, and before we had a life that we became responsible for.  Life's not bad, it's just very, very different.  Gods plan is perfect and I'm excited to see what he has in store for us.  Maybe another baby in 9 months.  Just kidding.  Seriously, though.  Just kidding. Haha.

Enough for now, I say!  My trail mix is all gone.

See you along the journey--

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you got to go out and enjoy yourself, you deserve it! Sounds like little Judah is really hitting some milestones..so exciting! Before you know it he will be crawling..and then, dun dun dun...walking!

    Congrats to you and Jared! We aren't TOO far behind you guys..celebrated 6 years in January.

    Just remember, there will always be times that are harder than others, but that's what makes a couple stronger, and you guys will learn and grow from your experiences together. If you guys can get someone to watch Judah on occasion, you guys should set time aside for yourselves, and go out to dinner and enjoy each other!

    ReplyDelete