Friday, April 8, 2011

A peak into Judah's first Easter basket

I decided to wait until Judah is at least 6 months before we are going to officially start solids. Doesn't that seem so far away?  Well, he'll be 6 months about a week after Easter.  I can't believe it.  We're going to slowly introduce solids into his diet, serving him once a week, then stepping it up to a few times a week until he's a full fledged food eating gentleman.  I don't think abritrallily picking an age then shoving food down his throat every day from that point on is the way to go.  That being said, I bought him his first spoons today.

Something that was sort of a planned impulse buy was the Fisher Price Seahorse.  It was planned because I heard people giving it rave reviews, it looked super cute, and when I pressed it's belly, I fell in love.  Impulse because it wasn't on the original Easter basket contents list.  Side note: look how precious that baby looks and look how big his clothes are on him.  Judah grew up WAY too fast.

Next, comes Sophie.  Everyone knows Sophie.  It's been Amazon's #1 item in the baby department since forever.  She's made of natural rubber and food safe "paint".  She's a teether.  I want to take it out of the box soooooooooooooo bad and give it to him but I already let him "test drive" his seahorse and Jared didn't like that.

Finally, we have here a "Sassy Teether Feeder" haha (Go ahead.  Try not to say that in a fabulous voice).  What you do is you stick frozen fruit in there and the baby can teeth on it instead of sucking on a plastic thing.  The green part goes in the freezer to keep the food cold.  I got a tip from someone about letting your kids chew on a papaya spear when they're teething.  That seems like a good idea to me--and they'll be getting those enzymes, too.  No sugar added of course.



See you along the journey--

1 comment:

  1. I like your mommy logic! That sounds like a great idea to transition into the solids. I agree, I don't think everything should be by the books.

    I also enjoy reading about your purchases. You're a smart shopper and I like that haha. Seems like everything you buy, you do research on and that you truly put thought into what you buy.. I like that :) It also shows how much you love and care about Judah, because you want him to have nothing but the best. You're an exceptional mommy, just thought you should know :)

    ReplyDelete