Tuesday, January 22, 2013

30.5 weeks!!!!!!

Yes!  So grateful.  That's what I've been saying over and over and over and over.  I am just so grateful to be here and not on bed rest and not scared out of my mind every second, minute, hour of the day.  I feel so much better that I ever did last pregnancy and I really feel confident that Aylah won't begin to follow in the same "womb steps" of her big brother.

It really clicked once we hit 30 weeks that it's a very, very likely possibility that we can have a newborn in our arms in 7 weeks!  That induced a little bit of a mental freakout but I feel like I've been slowly planning and preparing for weeks so I don't really feel rushed or overwhelmed as I think I might normally.  Having been through it once before also helps to know what to expect a little, too....kinda.

How have we been preparing:  We've really just tried to do everything we possible could to make our lives easier.
  • The kitchen makeover is done for now (paint is done, crown up, baseboard/trim up and painted).  
  • Jared moved his work desk downstairs so he can work more efficiently, which in turn, gifted me an empty desk!! I was able to organize and distribute my and Judah's craft supplies
  • Emptied out a drawer in my dresser for Aylah's stuff since that'll be the room she sleeps in for her first few months.  Cleared two drawers in Judah's dresser to put her clothes and jammies in.
  • Major, major basement cleaning and organization has been done.  Jare built a system for all of the clothes totes and laundry items.  It looks great. Super functional and cleaned up.  
  • Thrown out tons of "stuff" we've been saving for...why?  Nothing.  Good bye.
  • Organized and cleared out underneath the sinks
  • Organized and cleaned out the TV stand. 
  • China closet is almost done being painted.  Everything is organized in there and looks great.
  • Freezer meals and freezer prep.  That's been SO huge for us as a family this pregnancy.
Stuff isn't shoved in random places now...Almost everything has a place.  We figured this would be super necessary given the fact that it'll be easy to stay organized and everything will be quicker once we have 10,000 baby gear items laying around every where.

Worried about: 
  • When people say, "you're not just adding the work load of one more child..."  I know I'm going to get frazzled when she's screaming, Judah is misbehaving, and I don't know how to divide my time effectively and efficiently.  
  • Judah's infancy was such a dark time for me.  I'm terrified of the screaming, the constant throwing up, not being able to leave the house, being almost completely alone at night, every night, communication and relationship breakdowns from lack of sleep, communication, and fresh air.  Breastfeeding problems, immune problems....all while raising a toddler.
  •  Labor

Thinking about: I can't believe how quickly and how blessed this pregnancy has been.

Quite a few people have approached me and asked if I was having a shower (or sprinkle, I guess).  When I said I didn't know, they said they'd throw one and start organizing it. Well, then I never heard of anything again haha.  I started to pick up some clothes, gathered all the gender neutral stuff I'll need for the beginning, and bought some awesome flannel fabrics and started making burp cloths/receiving blankets last night.  It'll all work out and I feel better that I now have a few newborn clothing items in my possession.  I also realize I have quite a few weeks, still, and that April said all you need are your boobies and diapers.  She's right.  We're good.

I've been causally thinking about having a doula; most everyone I saw didnt go to Wayne, so I think I'll end up bagging that thought.

Excited about: Labor.  I'm both scared and excited about labor.  My situation was so unique last time that I almost feel like I'm going into this stage of pregnancy as a first time mom.

Predictions:  I think baby wearing will help tremendously this time.  I feel like I have established a good online support system for this.

I feel like we'll have a lot more help this time and we allllll know what to expect.  I hope to feel less alone this time.  I feel more positive about everything as a whole.

Symptoms:  Normal 3rd trimester stuff.
  • Started feeling weird and dizzy in Kohls on Sunday and had to sit down.  I had gone to another store before that, also, and started getting intense pressure...Ali laughed at me because she said I was waddling.  
  • Out of breath walking up the stairs.
  • I started getting that same razor sharp/pins & needles burning thing in my ribs that I had with Judah.  I was hoping that wouldn't show up this time.
  • It hurts to sleep and roll over (haha, not as graceful as you'd picture rolling over)
  • Back pain
  • Contractions have been fair.  If I do too much (go out to more than one store or lift....really anything, even full laundry baskets) it sets me off.  Resting, only going out of the house once or twice a week, and just hanging has really saved me, I think.
  • Swollen feet and ankles from standing to cook dinner
  • Oh, and this is really cool.  TMI for you: I totally wet my pants now, kinda.  NEVER had that with Judah.  After I go and it's all good....a drip will still come out.  Why the heck?!  I don't know.  It's not like I sneeze and pee or anything so why this happens blows my mind.  Yee-haw.
Well, on that note, that's all for now :)

Here are some pics of the new clothes and such :)

No comments:

Post a Comment