Friday, January 4, 2013

Hey there, 3rd Trimester!

How far along? 28 weeks, tomorrow!

Total weight gain:  141 as of Thursday, Dec 27.  I'm SURE I'm up from that.

How big is baby? See pic below. AND note that my stomach is about 2 times the size of that haha.
from baby center
from the bump
Maternity clothes: I'd like to get some more pants but most days I just wear pajama pants since I'm on restricted activity.  Jeans are just uncomfortable.

Stretch marks: I think there may be a few but I'm not 100% sure and you can't really notice them.  They're on my side and that one little one above my belly button again.  They don't bother me.

Sleep: Doing great, actually!  I've started taking a heaping teaspoon of Calm (magnesium) before bed to help me with my contractions and it's really made a huge difference in my sleep.  I lay there and don't even feel myself falling asleep--I just do.  A great improvement from laying there for hours listening to Jared snore.

Movement:  Aylah had the hiccups for the first time this week :)  I forgot all about what that felt like.  She's had them twice more since then.

Food cravings: Sweets, still, for sure.  I wanted a root beer float SO bad today!

Food aversions:  Nothing! Thankfully!

Belly button: No change

Symptoms:  Well, I have a cold so that stinks. 

Preterm labor stuff:  Swab came back GBS+ again which I was really hoping it wouldn't since I've been SO diligent about taking my probiotics.  It also showed up with moderate yeast, which is strange because I'm not symptomatic.

I've really had the chance to rest, a lot.  I've accepted weekly help with grocery shopping now and Ali comes with Kaden twice a week to help from about 10:30/11-2.  That's great because it gets me to Judah's nap two times a week.

Next appointment is on Thursday and I'll be getting another ultrasound.  If it's still stable at 3.1, I'm going to ask Sheela when we can stop the ultrasounds.  I'm not sure how healthy all that exposure is to the baby.

What I'm looking forward to:  My next appointment, getting over this cold, spending time with my boys this weekend, getting so much closer to being in the 30 week range without any major issues, and going on a baby-moon in a few weeks!

Not baby related:  Judah moved into his big boy bed this week.  We got a mattress, dump truck sheets, and a green comforter to match the other green things in his room and he slept there for the first time Tuesday night.  The first night he was perfect, didn't even fuss, and when we went in to wake him up in the morning, he was asleep with his pillow and puppy blanket, laying across the bottom of the door.  Last night and for naps he's seemed almost scared when we say good night, but he's still slept really well and stayed in his bed.  The fan is out of his room now (because I didn't want him sticking his fingers in it or having an outlet available to explore...) so we've been using the Sleep Sheep and he likes the light on of his Twilight Turtle.

Weekly joy:  I just feel really grateful and really blessed.  All in all, I've really had a really easy pregnancy this time.  I look back and read my blog entries from Judah and remember how much pain I was in and how much of a struggle things were.  I've made it so far, feel so much more laid back, and just feel really great.  My only major complaints are being tired and having some bad contraction days that are really painful and take a toll on my body but praise the Lord that lately, those days have been much fewer that I ever would have expected.  The only thing I can attribute this success to is God, obviously, probiotics, rest, and less stress combined with a positive outlook.  Hoooooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment