Today has been such a perfect day.
I worked the nursery this morning at church; I was on the infant side by myself with 3 babies. What a juggle that was :)
Lunch was great at Jared's dad's, then the 3 of us made Neaman Markus Cookies. We have been really bonding with him lately and learning how wise he is. He makes me laugh, too.
After lunch, Jared began ripping up our "path to no where". I'll have to post some pictures :)
Frank, our excavator, came today to take a look at the front yard because we have to grade it, rip out 3 humongous stumps, and re pitch the yard. Oh, it's going to do so much for curb appeal. This house is such a work in progress, but the comparison between what is is now and what it was when we bought it a few years ago is...well...hard to even compare. It's an intense but very rewarding project.
I planted some basil that I had in a way too small pot in my kitchen, swept the porch, put out a new door mat, and displayed a pretty new perennial I planted in a pot outside of our porch.
I also finished a wreath.
I love getting things accomplished and we got so much done for being so laid back and really enjoying ourselves. I'm trying to learn how to relax--I've always feel like I have to be doing "something" and "that something" is usually never good enough. The work will always be there, as will be peace and fun. Which one would you choose? I'm beginning to make the right decisions when it comes to that :)
Back to our Heartbeat Extravaganza:
First, let me say how very much I love our midwife, Sheela. She is wonderful. She handed Jared the doppler and asked me to show him where we heard the heartbeat a few days prior. She left the room. We thought we found it and the look on Jared's face was beautiful and priceless. Then she popped her head in the room to tell us that that was, in fact, my heart beat (oops) and she moved it a few inches towards the middle. We started hearing the baby. It was perfect. Sheela left the room so we could have family time and assured us that we could stay there and listen for as long as we wanted. The baby was hanging out on my bladder, which was no surprise to me, since that day and the day prior I used the bathroom probably at least once every half an hour. Since you have to apply a little bit of pressure using the doppler, the baby kept swimming away from it. You'd hear the heartbeat really strong, then it would trail off. Jared would move the doppler a few inches and you heard it perfectly again. It was funny and was almost like we could hear the baby saying, "get off, daddy, noooo". Haha.
Our house is really coming together on the inside, too. We got a really nice coffee table from a yard sale- was supposed to be $20, Jared asked if she'd take $15, and she did! Score.
I'm going to look up some storage options to hide shoes. Maybe some sort of bench? Jared will build it.
I have a good life.
See you along the journey--
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment