Saturday, October 16, 2010

...Do you remember?

I was going through some of my old baby stuff and I came across a stuffed doll that I loved and had forgotten all about.  This got me thinking and wandering down memory lane.  Maybe you remember some of these toys, too.  They brought a smile to my face.  Enjoy!





PJ Sparkles doll.  The heart, her bow, and her bracelet lit up.  She had sparkly strands in her hair.  I still remember the piece you pressed on her back to get everything lit up...but mine rarely had batteries in it, haha.






I still remember sitting on the counter with...I think my dad...dunking the doll in a little plastic tub to make the heart on her cheek and makeup appear.  I loved it :)







Puppy Surprise.  My cousin got one that had like a million puppies in it.  I think mine had 3 or 4.








Nosy Bears.  They had stuff in their nose that would swirl around when you squeezed them.  I never had one but I think my cousin did. 





Popples.  I had the green one.  You flipped it inside out into a pouch.  It was always so hard to put it in the pouch and it made me crazy haha.





This is the toy I found that sparked my mission to find all my other toys :)

They're called "Jammie Pies"















Teddy Ruxpin.  He had cassette tapes you popped into him and played.











Alphie.  I remember banging him on stuff and pressing multiple buttons at the same time because I thought it was so cool when he'd malfunction.  Haha. I still remember those little stars in his eyes :)








Glow worm.  Another toy that never had batteries.







Cabbage Patch Preemie.  I named him Curtis.















My cousins had tons of these water toys.  I looooved them!












Loved it!  The string was such a weird plastic thing like spaghetti.  I wonder why they used it.









We kept this over Grammie's in the closet and busted it out every time we went over there.  It opened up and you could play in all the rooms.  I remember there was a green plastic bed with a sponge for the mattress.








You wound it up and the picture scrolled by.  I think this was at Nanny's house.













I loved this, too!  Each of the plastic records played a different nursery rhyme.  Each side played a different song actually.  I used to love playing with the needle part and pricking my finger with it. Haha, yeah.






Sally Secrets.  Stickers came out of somewhere, her skates were stamps...She had some sort of fancy pencil and eraser thing that came with her...I dunno.  I remember when I got this doll for Christmas, I got the refill pack, too and it literally came with 35982985 boxes of refills.  I don't know why.  It was absurd and I found the refills in my closet for years to come.



Well, there's so many more.  I HAVE to stop the madness.

See you along the journey--

3 comments:

  1. Just stopped by to catch up with the Gard's :) Have to say I totally jealous that you are Mrs. Gard, don't get me wrong I love being Mrs. Baxter :) But I miss the Gard days too :) We had so many of the same toys! My favs were probably Alphie, ingenious invention!, the Glo worm, I ripped off her hat and wrapped her in a blanket so I could use her as a "real" baby when we played house. I was very violent in order to get things "perfect" :) Things don't change too much, do they! I also loved that fisher price doll house and I remember that bed with the foam matress too! Grandma Busho made me this killer doll house complete with real shingles, carpet, the works! Jare and me used to spend HOURS making houses from Legos and play with them and then adding on to them, it was so fun, ah those were the days! We also were obsessed with making tape recordings of ourselves, like we were on the radio..I wish we could find some of those, you would die! We were so crazy. Every thing Jared said was about cows, too funny.
    Well I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and able to do a little more. Your almost to 37! I can't believe it!! I remember back in the 20's and these days seemed like a million years away!! Miss you guys so much and am so excited to come home, in 2 weeks and 4 days!! Let me know how your appointment goes today!! I will be praying! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I never would have remembered any of them if you didn't remind me haha. Most of our toys are gone :( But PJ Sparkles, Puppy Surprise, Sally Secrets, and the Cabbage Patch doll definitely bring back some memories for me :)

    This Friday will be 36 weeks right?! Ahh almost there, hang in there! It seems like just yesterday I found out about the great news...amazing how time flies. But I'm sure these last few weeks have been pretty slow and anxious for you haha.

    I miss you bunches and praying for you always :) Can't wait to see you guys sometime, hopefully soon, and meet your little guy :)

    PS I might have already said this but I'm anxious to see what color hair he has haha.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin--I think we all destroyed things. Like cutting Barbie's hair thinking it would grow back or something...I used to take EVERYTHING a part. I love hearing about you guy's childhood. It makes me so happy :) I'll have to ask him about your radio shows with the cows. I haven't heard about that one yet :) :)

    Kimberleena--It was insane looking up all those toys. There were so many more but between thinking about them and looking up the pictures to post, it literally took me like an hour and a half. I could have kept going. You should think about some of the one I missed...it'd be fun :) And yes, today is 36----neither of us could believe it....we were so unsure we'd even make it to around 30 so it sure has been a great blessing. Thanks so much for your prayers, they've definitely been working! We'll keep ya posted :)

    ReplyDelete