Total weight gain: I was like 150 I think at the hospital last week
How big is baby? This past Monday, Judah's estimated weight was 5 lbs 3 oz. There is an error range of 12 oz, but good golly that's still huge!
Maternity clothes: I'll be excited to start wearing regular outfits again. Not even non-maternity clothes necessarily...just outfits that would be presentable outside of the house. Two more weeks and God willing I'm going to start venturing out into the world again!
Stretch marks: Yeah, those are definitely little stretch marks near my belly button. They just look like little dots though...I hope I don't get any across my stomach.
Symptoms: I can't sleep. That's why I''m up doing this after midnight. Jared went to bed more than an hour ago and I've just been laying there....soooooooooo I decided to get up and try to wear myself out a little on the computer.
I've also been having A LOT of pain in my stomach and back the past two days. I can't wait to not be in pain anymore.
Sleep: Wait, what?! Sleep?!
Movement: This past hour, he was a busy dude in there. I hope he reverses his schedule once he arrives :)
Food cravings: I want a Slurpee again. So far this week, I've wanted Smartees, a Slurpee, chicken fingers WITHHHHH honey mustard sauce, and bottle caps. I don't know why I want all this junk all of the sudden.
Food aversions: Still anything with Rosemary on it. My normal juice selection has started to taste disgusting again like it did a few months ago. Not sure why.
Belly button: I wonder if it will look the same after the baby is born.
What I'm looking forward to: Saturday. That way, everyone will agree that the 34 week mark has arrived. There was confusion over the "wheel" they used at the hospital to determine EDD, about half the people said Friday would be 34 weeks, which is what I've been going by, and the other half said not til Saturday.
Spending time with Jared. He's been so very busy and I just want to be able to help him relax somehow and talk about things other than what's got to get done and money.
Making it to 37 weeks so that I can do a water birth. But only 37 weeks. At that point in time, I will be ready to meet our son and be done with the painful physical-ness of pregnancy.
Folding and putting away the baby clothes that Val washed while I was in the hospital.
Cleaning up the baby's room. There are soooo many things scattered all over the place.
There are some things I forgot to mention in my last post that I was really grateful for:
Michele, Valerie, and Rose came over and cleaned our house for us. They did things like clean out the fridge, get the baby's clothes washed, the trashcan lid washed, carpet shampooed, baseboards cleaned, dusting....It was such a HUGE blessing for me because now I'm not staring at things getting frustrated because I want to do them but can't and I know it's a blessing for Jared because it's one less thing he needs to worry about, too. We're both going to be so excited when I'm allowed to start doing things again. I need to figure out how to get my energy levels back up since I've been doing nothing for so long and that fact that I'm probably going to feel wiped out because it's a normal part of the end of the third trimester.
Lindsay and Bryan sent flowers to me in the hospital. They were very pretty and fall-ish and they complemented the color scheme in my room very well :) I was so excited when the nurse came in holding flowers. It was such nice surprise and I moved them around the room every few days to give me something pretty in a different spot to look at.
When Tom and Briana stopped into the hospital that one night, they bought & brought Jared his favorite dinner from Texas Roadhouse. I was so happy to see him eating his beloved steak, salad, and rolls. He devoured it and I enjoyed watching him (from a magnesium induced haze...)
And finally, someone Tim knows (and I guess Jared knows him through Tim kinda and he goes to our church) sent over a bunch of baby stuff. We got a ton of clothes, a changing pad and 2 covers! (woo-hoo, one less thing to buy!!), & a bouncy thing that hooks in the door way and the baby can jump sitting in it. Super cool. They also sent over some chili and ginger cookies for Jared to eat. I was getting worried because I knew he wasn't eating enough because he was running here, there, and all over the place, so it was so nice to know he was being taken care of. I haven't even met these people...and Jared barely even knows them and they were so giving to us.
This whole experience has really taught me to be more selfless and to serve others. With prayer, I know God will show me how he wants me to do it and I'm pretty excited to start serving others.
See you along the journey--

No comments:
Post a Comment