Monday, July 26, 2010

Vacation Recap Part 1


So, my dog just peed on my basil plant. Thanks Captain, no I did not want to eat fresh basil for the rest of the season. I know, I know, lots of people fertilize with, well, excrement, but I don't want to know about it, witness it, or smile and talk to the source of it on a daily basis. No.

Well, now that that's out of the way, let's get down to business, shall we?

Judah seems to be doing well. I think he rolled over the last night we were on vacation. It was the strangest feeling--there was a huge lump on one side of my stomach and I felt it roll--from the top on the inside, to my skin, down, then down on the inside. It was nuts, then my stomach was flat again. It's so cool to be able to see the baby boppin around in there and I think it makes Jared feel more included too. Many times I'll tell him that Judah is moving around, but as soon as he puts his hand on my stomach, he stops. Jared's received a few nice kicks, punches, or who knows, even head-butts though :). I was laying in bed the other day, too, and the baby was up near my belly button. My stomach was flyin' around like crazy, my belly button was doing all these cool maneuvers. I wish I could see how he spends his day in there. Our next appointment with Sheela is this Friday. I think this and the next appointment are the last ones before we have to begin seeing her twice a week. Oh! And the next appointment is the blood glucose test or whatever, and from what I hear, it's a bummer.

On to the vacation recap part 1 (...and a mini typing break for me to get some more ice cream :) ).

Okay, good to go. Let me first start off by letting you know I had to stop and go to the bathroom 9 times between PA and OH. That was even with holding it! It was ridiculous. I can assure you that many bathrooms/rest stops are, in fact, really clean ...except for one Arby's we stopped at because all I wanted was a Beef 'n' Cheddar. Not only was the bathroom disgusting, but what the heck was I thinking about loving something that is covered in gooey, fake, bright orange cheese. Oh well. We made it to Ohio without having to pull over. Columbus was a great time; Jared really missed Caleb. I was so glad he was able to be with his friend and that they were able to spend quality time together and talk. I enjoyed the talks we all had too. They were encouraging and fun. Fun fact about him: when we arrived, his refrigerator only contained 6 cans of green beans and the biggest mother-load jar on minced garlic on the planet. He took full responsibility for the green beans, letting us know he snacks on them straight out of the can, but blamed the garlic on his sister. Hmm, I don't know about that ;). We went to the Cheesecake Factory 3 times within the one weekend we were there--Once for dinner, once for lunch, then back for dessert. It's a good thing their menu is so expansive. I would like to recommend the Roasted Pear and Blue Cheese Pizzette (which was covered in Arugula), along with the little house salad. It's more than enough food for me, but since they are considered "small plates", I guess kind of like appetizers, they were a great price. Those two things were under $9! We also got to go to church with Caleb, which I like to see other perspectives and teaching methods of different pastors (whether I necessarily agree or not), and we got to meet Caleb's new girl friend. She seems nice! Caleb was a great host to us, and with that, we were off Monday morning on the next leg of our trip to [::insert southern accent here::] Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment