Friday, July 30, 2010

How far along? 24 weeks!


Total weight gain: My official weight at the Dr's office has gone up to 131.  Their scale and my scale are off by I think like 5ish lbs, so I'm just up a few from the last post.

How big is baby?  They say a 24 weeks old babe is about 1.3 lbs and 11.8 inches.  Neat!  I remember getting sooooo excited when the baby was the size of a sesame seed.  When he got as big as an olive---get outta here--- we were freaking out!  He's getting so big! :)

Maternity clothes: I need some type of shorts or pants or something!  I still prefer dresses, but you can only wear the same ones over and over again--same thing with black yoga type pants...I keep wearing them.  I just really don't want to break down and buy those gross and EXPENSIVE maternity mom jeans and shorts.  They're the worst!

Stretch marks: I got my first stretch mark :(.  Guess where?!  The middle of my freakin' right butt cheek.  I don't like the word "butt cheek". 

Sleep: I slept through the entire night without having to wake up to go to the bathroom once!!!!!  It probably helped that I didn't go to bed til midnight, but hey, I'll take it!

Movement: I'm trying to pay attention to his wake/sleep patterns.  It seems like he's awake when I first wake up, then around noon-ish, then around now, then allllll night long.  He's actually moving around now and I can see it.  It's so neat to watch!

Food cravings: Eh, I wish I had cravings.  When you have cravings, then you eat that particular food, it's like the most glorious thing you've ever tasted.  I haven't had a craving in a while & wouldn't mind having one (as long as I knew I could quickly & easily get what I wanted, haha)

Food aversions: Still gonna go with no mexican.

Belly button: There are still 2 small indents above and below my belly button, but you can see the center sticking out a little under clothes.  I'm gonna say I'm officially an outie.

What I'm looking forward to: When the new underwear I bought gets out of the washer and dryer so that I can wear some that doesn't leave indents in my legs and stomach.  Ahhhhhhhhhh I'm sooooo excited!!!!!  Besides new underwear just makes you feel good anyways, right?!

Weekly Wisdom: Walmart is going to save us some money.  I used to shop there for tons of stuff, but then couldn't deal with the people and the effort it took to go in there so I decided I would rather spend a little bit more money and shop elsewhere.  Jared and I had to go in there for something this past week and we realized how we forgot how much money we're losing shopping in other places.  I'm gearing up to learn how to "save money & live better"....(but my heart is for and will still support local businesses & people!)

Weekly joy:  It sounds silly, but I am thankful I was able to work a full week this week.  For the past month, I've had at least 1 day off, the whole week off, or half the week off....This week I'll have been on the schedule all my regular days.  It will be nice to have a normal paycheck and be able to dump some money into our savings account.  July has been a VERY expensive month for us and I want to be able to move on from that aspect of it.  Then next week, it won't be a full week again--I'll have off on Saturday because it's Jared and my first anniversary----already!  I can't believe it!   August 7, 2009 was such an amazing, beautiful day...I just love to relive it in my mind all the time.  It was my most favorite day of my life.

Baby wise, my weekly joy was being able to see Sheela today, hearing the baby's heartbeat, and finding out that my cervix is still closed, thank goodness!  I'm going to start a new medicine tomorrow and go back for another ultrasound in about 2 weeks to check to see how everything is measuring.  More on the medical stuff tomorrow.

See you along the journey--

No comments:

Post a Comment