Sunday, August 1, 2010

Only 110 Days til Judah's Due Date!

So, I'll get the medical stuff out of the way, then I'll get to some fun stuff!

I have a strep infection that showed up at my first appointment.  Usually they don't even test for it until the 3rd trimester, but my levels were so high that it showed up in some other tests.  Sheela and I decided to just keep an eye on it, because a lot of times it will go away with antibiotics, only to come back a few weeks or months later (many women have GBS...I think as many as a 3rd of all women, and they just don't know it because it shows no symptoms in a normal, healthy person).  GBS doesn't bother the baby in the womb, so really, it just needs to be dealt with during labor and delivery.

Skipping ahead a few weeks.  The GBS began to cause some aggravation to my uterus and I started having contractions more frequently than I should have been. At my next appointment, it showed that I had a ton of white blood cells in my urine and that there was some other type of infection going on. It's strange because I consider myself a healthy person, yet I'm living with all these infections and otherwise wouldn't have had any idea.  It makes you wonder what a person's body is going through who actually has tons of disease symptoms on a daily basis--I could only imagine.

I went on the antibiotics.  Sheela said that she would only like to see me having one or two contractions a day....I was having one or two an hour, many, many times throughout the day.  I did really well while on the antibiotics and was great til about a week or so after.  Recently, the contractions have been coming back again, although less frequent than before.

Our new plan of attack is to keep super close watch on them (Sheela is concerned about me going into pre-term labor), continue to use naturopathic medicine, and I will go for another ultrasound in two weeks where they will check the length of my cervix again (it was shorter than it should have been at 19 weeks).

My other option was to try another antibiotic---which, check this out-- causes cancer in rodents, cannot be used in the 1st tri and only with caution during the last 6 months, is rough on your liver, and had some other gross thing attached to it that I can't remember right now.  It would cross the placental barrier, meaning the baby would get the medicine too.  Why would you put that type of substance into the 1ish pound body of a developing baby?!  Nooooooooooo sir, I will not. 

On the bright side, God is in control of everything and I believe everything is already written into his plan.  Nothing I can do can sway that and I am comfortable relying on him and resting in the fact that I know he is taking care of me--and Judah.

____

I would love to share with you the nursery progress so far!

I found this artist on etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/StephanieFizer)  and just looooved the little robot guys' faces!  I was struggling to find something artsy and me--not the typical boys' nursery decor you see in the stores.  I wanted it to be fun and inspiring but was having a hard time not making it girly.  I think these are a good compromise.  There is also a little green robot...I'm wondering if I should go with 3 or 4.  I bought super cheap frames at walmart (here we go, haha) and they came with the mats in them.  I'm going to paint the wood a fun color.  I'll fill yas in on the progress :)







Here's Judah's Crib.  Disregard the bedding, it was the only stock photo they had :)





This is the dresser that matches the crib.  It's the only baby item we paid full price for so far.  It looks great and is sturdy--the only draw back is that the drawers are not as deep as they should be for the size of the dresser.  It's a substantial piece of furniture though, and I will use the top as a changing table.


These are cool paper lanterns with holes punched in them for the light to shine through.  I'm wondering if I should get two yellows--or one white, one yellow.  We have them on sale at work and they really are beautiful when they're all lit up.  I love that there are stars in the background of the robot prints, too, it's keeping the theme going.  Things that suspend from the ceiling are so fun and I want to be able to have many lighting options within the nursery.

Well, that's it for now, I'm just gonna relax for the rest of my Sunday night before the week begins.  It'll be exciting to see what this week holds.

See you along the journey--

2 comments:

  1. OH, Jess I am so excited!! Love the robot idea and the stars are so cool! The furniture looks really nice and I can't wait to see it in person! We really need to catch up!! I'm running the race!! and then driving up to PA after Thanksgiving and staying for a week or so to meet little Judah and help you if you need anything! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, call me sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiiiice! Im SO happy you decided to run the race!!! I hope we can come--I would loveeee to be there! and SO beyond grateful that you want to help with the baby. Are both you and Bryan coming out (Is that why you're coming after Thanksgiving?!) When were you thinking of coming? Cant waiiiiiiiit!
    I'll call you today!

    ReplyDelete