I still have good days and bad days (it sure has been an emotional roller coaster & I wasn't expecting having to leave work this early in the game...) but every day that goes by is a day closer.
Andrea offered to come over on Mondays to help me with whatever I need around the house and to help cook--which has been an amazing blessing (I learned how to make real Italian meatballs and sauce!) and it's helped me to start getting the freezer loaded up with food.
Valerie has been coming over and we're going to make a quilt together for Judah. I've never done anything like that before so I'm soooo excited! She and David went to JoAnn's and picked out fabric to add to the fabric already in my collection and we're basing the colors around my robot theme. She plotted out the measurements from a design I found online, I ironed all the pieces, and now I get to start cutting the squares. She also made us lunch the other day--fresh baked bread with avocado, lettuce from the farmers' market, and green heirloom tomatoes from the farmers' market. It was the messiest craziest sandwich, but it was good :)Kelly and Sandy from work also stopped over on Friday with dinner and a huge bag full of produce and some snacks. Kelly also bought Judah a stuffed elephant with crunchy sounding ears, a nice soap, and let me know that she would have a big bag of DVDs ready for me to borrow.
It's really, really hard for me to accept people's gifts and it makes me very uncomfortable. I'm so touched and appreciative of the giving nature of people and their willingness to help, but I just don't feel like I deserve it. I don't know why I feel that way and why I always feel I have to do everything on my own....Val told me to get over it.
Last night we snuck out of the house and went to church, Kohl's really quick so that we didn't waste our $10 Kohl's Cash (lllllooooove it!!), and Wegman's to get some food. It was AMAZINGGGGGGGGG to get out of the house but just doing those things were too much. I slept well though!Speaking of sleep, I'm off to take a rest. I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend, it looks beautiful out there!!
See you along the journey--



No comments:
Post a Comment