Sunday, August 22, 2010

How far along? 27 weeks, 2 days

 
Total weight gain: Probably a few pounds up.  It's so interesting though because I can see my body getting bigger, and it feels bigger, but the scale doesn't really show it.  I'm pretty bummed though since I've lost so much of muscle--everywhere-- since pretty much everything needs you to engage your core, which gives me contractions.

How big is baby? About 14 1/2 inches from head to toe and a little over 2 pounds.


Maternity clothes:  I'm wondering how I'm going to be able to wear maternity clothes for another 3 whole months.  Some are starting to get tight already!

Stretch marks: A few more, but they're hidden.

Symptoms:  Every time I bend over from the waist, my pelvis (or hips?) pop.  It's a strange feeling & happens every time.
 Still having contractions and still tired.  I work 3 hours a day now, then come home and rest for a few hours, then mosey around the house for a few hours, and rest again.  It seems to be working for me now.  We'll see this coming Thursday, at my next ultrasound, how everything is measuring. 

Sleep: It hurts to sleep :(

Movement: Judah is VERY active now.  Very, very.  I no longer feel little bumps here and there--they are full fledged punches and kicks in two opposite sides of my stomach...at the same time.  It's pretty weird.  Sometimes they're so hard I feel like I can HEAR them.


Food cravings:  Not anything that I can think of.


Food aversions:  I've been doing great with food.  Lots of variety and have had some really well balanced, healthful meals the past few days in particular.  I'm feeling good about it.

Belly button: I'm going to cut it off.

What I'm looking forward to:  Spending time in Judah's nursery!!!!! My dad helped fill in nail holes, I sanded them, and Jared has been working hard this week to get all the trim caulked and painted.  When I got home from work yesterday, he had moved all the furniture in it's place (where we think we'll keep it, anyway) and the room has such a great vibe!  I bought more of those cheap picture frames yesterday (although they charged me $3 when the sign said $2.50, grrrr) and got more ink for the printer so I'll be able to print out his initials that I designed :)

See you along the journey--

No comments:

Post a Comment