Friday, July 2, 2010

What a Wonderful World

This week has been amazing.

On Monday, right after I woke up, I felt these little thumps in my belly. Wasn't 100% sure what it was, but of course, hoped it was the baby :)

While at work, I was training the person who will take over my job when I leave and while I was sitting there, I felt it again! It was pretty distinct and felt like someone took the knuckle of their finger and thumped the palm on their hand 3 times in a row. I stopped and was like "I think I just felt the baby!".

Skip ahead to Tuesday!

Tuesday was the day we had all been waiting for. We were going to have our first ever ultrasound. I was still convinced it was a girl. I have no idea why, maybe because I'm a girl, so it was just something that I was more familiar with the idea of. Who knows, and we always said we would be 110% happy either way. It was so neat, the tech showed us the chambers of the heart, the different parts of the brain, the thickness of the skull (haha that sounds funny!), the spine, all sorts of things. What I loved the most is that we got to see the baby open and close (at this point..) his or her mouth. God is AMAZING! She told us he had 10 fingers and that he was very active in there :)

Before we even got to see his body, head....anything...the very first shot she got up on the screen was a thumbs up. A perfectly and beautifully formed thumbs up. We laughed so hard--he is definitely our child :)


The tech asked us if we had any names picked out. I said, "Well,
we have a girl's name, but if its a boy, we're screwed!" We all laughed. She brought a picture up on the screen and said, "Okay. Here's the right butt cheek, and the left," then she paused, "...and here's two testicles and a penis".

We both screamed! I couldn't believe it!!!!! Wooo hooooo!

Later on that day, I started feeling him bopping all around in there and he has been pretty consistent all week. He's most active at night while I'm laying in bed getting ready to go to sleep. ...Maybe he sleeps during the day?

On Wednesday night, we named him Judah. Judah Thomas. Judah means "to praise" and he was the son of Jacob. Judah was also the brother that convinced his other brothers to sell Joseph and not leave him in the well to die. Pretty neat since that was one of my favorite bible stories to read when I was little little (probably because he had a colorful coat, haha, and we all know how much I love colors!). Annnnnnd the tribe of Judah is where Jesus was from. Neato!

Since we found out it's a boy, I emailed Joanna (the girl we got all that nice baby gear from). We went over to their house last night and she gave me tons of tips on...well...just about everything and I got to pick through her baby clothes. The sizing goes all the way up to a little over a year. I pack 2 humongous boxes for $50 and the stuff is soo nice! We could have taken all the boxes for $30, but i thought that was wayy too cheap, and I wanted to be able to leave the stuff we didn't want with her. I can't wait to go through it all again, as there was sssoooo much there yesterday it was over whelming to really look at everything

The excavator is coming here to re-do our front yard (been waiting forever & the day is finally here!) I guess Jared has him doing some things with the backyard and driveway, too, because the backhoe has been out there bangin' around for some time now :)

I get my haircut in a few hours, I LOVE HAIRCUTS :)!, and I will have lunch and visit with Val after my hair. She leaves for Sweden tomorrow---for a whole 3 weeks. I will miss her so much & I will also be so large and in charge when shes comes back! I'm so happy for her; what an opportunity!

....and we leave for vacation next week. We will stop to visit Caleb for a few days, then continue on to see Jared's grandparents.

I love our baby, I love my husband, I love my house, my crazy dogs, and God. God has done so much for me and I know that whenever he places challenges in my way, he knows that I have the strength to get through them (as long as I rely on him), and he will never stop loving me and shaping me. I know that everything is in his plan, is done for a reason, and it's truly a blessing and an honor is stand back and watch the way he works in my life. I have to praise him even for those hard, very hard, days---he knows what he's doing and I trust that.

See you along the journey--(the baby just thumped. Maybe he was waving "bye" :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment