Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vacation Day 1 ...well, sort of.

Last night, it was 10 o'clock and Jared decided it would be best if we pushed our trip back a day. He wants it to be as stress free as possible, I still was barely packed, being totally unrealistic, and was half asleep trying to accomplish things. It's okay with me and today will be a nice leisurely day of getting things ready and making sure I have everything I really wanted to bring with me.

We will leave tomorrow, regular time, and drive to Columbus. We'll stay there until Monday morning, then continue our journey down to Nashville to see Jared's grandparents. I'm really looking forward to it. Another surprise is that Lindsay is going to make a trip from Tulsa to come see us (and the rest of her fam, of course :) ) and she'll arrive on Thursday.

I'm a bit hesitant about the trip because its so many hours, sitting, not really being able to move around and I'm not sure how my body is going to react. Jared assured me that we'll stop, get out, and stretch whenever I feel like I need to. He's nice to me :) It will also be a pillow party in the backseat (besides all the food goods :) ) so that I can rotate my fluff arrangements. Also, because neither of these places I am 110% comfortable to just get up and go lay down or have quiet time when I need it, which I need a lot of. I feel like I'm being rude or being a wimp. I need to get over it.

......

I tried on a ton of clothes for vacation--clothes that I just tried on a few weeks ago and they totally don't fit. I must be growing a lot more than I thought. I put on a skirt, could barely get it over my thighs and realized there was NO WAY to even move the zipper. It fit totally fine a few weeks ago as long as I let it sit lower on my hips. Hips? What hips? Opps.

Today's To-Do List
  • EN to talk to Kelly about having to stay in Nashville for an extra day (therefore returning to work a day late). For some reason, that's stressful to me, even though there are plenty of people that want hours and it's far enough away.
  • Deposit paycheck
  • Buy wiper blades. Mine are so bad I don't even know why I have them attached to the wipers still.
  • Take off my toe nail polish and re-do it. Natural nail polish doesn't look as nice for as long.
  • Rest, rest, rest!
  • Eat popsicles :)
  • Finish laundry
  • Finish packing clothes
  • Pack fun things for the car
  • Pack delicious goods for the car
  • Smile
......

Maybe if I get some time, I'll start thinking about the nursery a little more today. I'm so stumped on what I'm going to do and how I'll decorate. I want it to be inspiring and stimulating, but not cartoon-y. Or feminine. I can't help it haha!

Bye for now,

See you along the journey--

No comments:

Post a Comment