Monday, September 6, 2010

How far along? 29 weeks, 3 days

 
Total weight gain: At the hospital on Thursday, I weighed in at 141 lbs.

How big is baby? Average is 15ish inches and 2 1/2 pounds.  I'll go for another ultrasound this Thursday at my appointment, so maybe she can give me a better idea.  When I had the ultrasound at the hospital the lady wasn't friendly and I didn't want to ask her.  She didn't even turn the screen to let me see him :(

Maternity clothes:  Now that I'm on bed rest, I go from one change of pajamas to another.  It makes me feel kind of gross, but as long as I do my hair, put on a little makeup, and change earrings, I feel a little better.

Stretch marks: Oh, yeah. Oh, well.

Symptoms: My ribs hurt SO bad. SO SO SO bad!  It's right around the top of your ribs, where they meet together...like where the band of your bra goes.  They feel like they're bruised and it burns on the inside so bad.  I can't lay on my side anymore because that really aggravates it.  I'm hoping the chiropractor will be able to help.

I think, too, because I've been off my feet so much, my uterus isn't pushing down as low as it was before.  My stomach is very full now and feels like it's starting to get crowded.

Sleep: I sleep on and off all day and night.  Because I don't have to be at work anymore, it's like time doesn't matter.  I find myself looking at the clock very rarely now, even to go to bed.  It's strange.  I don't think it's good for Jared though, since now he's been going to bed much later because I think he's subconsciously adapting to my new, weird late night schedule.

Movement: He bumps all around.  I can't wait til I can identify the parts that come poking out.  Some people say you could actually see a foot and stuff.  Weird.

Food cravings:  Smartees!

Food aversions:  Anything with Rosemary on it.  Ew.

Belly button: It's pushed out so far now its almost a different color.  Poor thing.

What I'm looking forward to:  I look forward to every evening knowing that we made it another whole day with the baby growing big and strong.
I'm looking forward to being out of the 20-something week range, to see what they say at my appointment on Thursday, and to stop worrying so much.
I'm looking forward to the point when I can enjoy being pregnant again and not constantly trying to ward away bad feelings.
I'm looking forward to going to the chiropractor on Wednesday.
Most importantly I'm very much looking forward to holding my baby and knowing that he's healthy and safe.

See you along the journey--

No comments:

Post a Comment