The past couple of days I've been having some symptoms though, although it's been a little bit of a busy week for me...doing a little more than I should....and by that I mean being up and walking around the house for literally, maybe a few hours, total, a day. And those hours are obviously broken up throughout the day. I also think that stupid infection might be coming back, so that stinks. I had a lot of contractions last night--about 6 an hour from 5:00 til the time I went to bed--but once I fell asleep, I woke up and was fine in the morning.
Today was a good day. Valerie came over this morning and hung out for the day. We watched a ridiculous TV show and decided what strips will go with what squares for the quilt, then she started sewing them together today. She was able to get 10 of them done, so there's only 11 more to go! They look awesome sewn together. We still need to make the big strips to go in the middle, then we'll just need to sew everything together and quilt on top of it. Here's a picture of the inspiration. If we have time, Val is going to make little flags, or tabs, for the border and that will add some fun interest. At around lunch, Briana came over and brought Caravia and dessert. We all ate together outside and talked about girl stuff. I had fun--I don't really have many girl friends that I can relate to, so it was really nice to be able to talk about certain things with them. So then around 3:30, Val left to go get a massage, then Jared came home around 5, Bri left a few minutes later, then Valerie came back to work on more squares. Jared's dad came over to make dinner, so nice, and we all just talked. Good day, much better than yesterday; I was getting soooo down because I was alone all day (Jared hung out with Tom for a few hours that night, which he needs and was good, but I was alone all day and being alone for much of the night made me start to go crazy).
I got a bunch of deliveries of baby stuff today---Sooooo much fun! I was super excited! I spent a few days looking around for the very best deals, used tons of coupons, and got tons of free stuff.
We got:
Our stroller. Graco Lively Dots. Originally $74.99, got it for $57
Free shipping, of course.
A bunch of cloth diapers: All 15% off, free shipping. I accidentally ordered 2 of the same color, so I called like 15 minutes after I placed the order and the lady said instead of going through the trouble of sending it back (and they pay for free return shipping) I could just keep it and she'll refund it to our card. That was a little over $16. How about that! Praise the Lord again. He always provides when I trust him. We got a bunch of Fuzzi Bunz >(I got all the colors on the two bottom rows, plus a couple of white ones)
and I also got a couple of Flip diapers <(that color blue and green).Someone gave us some of their stash of smalls (all pastel colors), so now we have a pretty much complete stash. They're so great...I can't wait to use them. It's weird how excited I am for something that contains poop. Add that word to the list of things I don't like to say. Ugh.
I also ordered and received a $150 breast pump that was on sale for $120, and with my coupon I got it for $104. After I ordered it, I found out that WIC will give you one---even an electric one if you let them know you're going back to work. So finally when I'm able to be up and around more, I'm gonna go to the office and get all signed up, and see what they have to offer. I'll probably end up sending the one back that I bought and that'll save us a ton then too (the site has free return shipping). Ahhhhh nice!
Oh, then besides the baby stuff, we had a 30% off coupon to Kohls. I got a few things, but I'm tired so I'll only tell ya about one. If I remember, I'll tell ya about the other stuff. Anyway, I got a $60 pyrex storage set for $17.99 after it being on sale, plus the 30% off, plus a $10 rebate from Pyrex themselves. YESSSSSSSSSS!
Ok, very tired now. Do, do, do, do doooo. Night!
See you along the journey--


No comments:
Post a Comment