Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Life has.....been.  But it's all good.  What else could it be?  I'm alive and have a great life.


My newest guilty pleasure on TV is Flipping Out on Bravo.  I can't take it.  Jeff is nuts and he kills me.  The entire show kills me.  I often find myself crying laughing.  There is NO way I would ever be able to work for this guy, but...I don't know, he just kills me.  If you haven't seen this show, I recommend you watching a few episodes.  You'll have to watch a few to get it and not just think this guy is wacked.  Just do it.  Let me know how it goes for you.

The quilt is coming along.  I'm going to continue working on the strips that line each square tonight.  I got about half of them done.I can't wait to see it put together!!  I also made a bunch of pinwheels for a mobile to go over Judah's crib.  I just need someone to go to JoAnn's for me and pick up an embroidery hoop so that I can string the pinwheels and hang it from there.  The pinwheels came out cool--I hope the completed project looks seamless. 

I was in the hospital again for the weekend which really stunk.  Basically it came down to the fact that I'm funneling so they are afraid that my water could break so I'm on super duper bed rest.  The foot of our bed is lifted up on blocks so that there is less gravity pulling down on m body and I pretty much have to stay in bed all day.  When Jared comes home, I move out to the zero gravity chair, but if I start feeling more contractions, I come right back in bed.  It's not worth it, especially since we're so close.  In about 23 days I'll be 34 weeks and will be able to deliver at our hospital with Sheela.  Our ideal would be to make it to 36 weeks then anything after that would be a bonus.  Each evening is a victory for us that we made it one day closer and we celebrate it.

April came over and brought us dinner and helped clean which was just so unbelievably nice.  The few hours she spent here and her company really, really helped boost my morale (not sure if morale is the right word, but you know what I'm sayin).

Val came over too and just hung out.  It was really nice to be able to have intelligent conversation and laugh---and Michele came over for lunch that day too.  It was fun to have lunch with the ladies like old times.  We haven't done that since last winter!  Then I got stung by a yellow jacket.  Not cool haha, what are the chances?!  .Michele also brought over my groceries (Barry stopped over that morning to drop off some movies and he picked up my list) and a peace lily.  The groceries were a great relief and the peace lily is so pretty.

Rose came over the next day and brought over more fabulous food.

Tonight is the first night Jared has needed to cook anything.  It really helped him relax--he's been nonstop and such a trooper.

Dad is coming up this weekend, looking forward to that.  He's bringing up some cheesesteaks because I told him I was craving them (ahh, scary haha.  How nice.  He said he's gonna try to score some more Jersey tomatoes for us too.  YUMMMMMM!

And to cap off the week and celebrate the beginning of week 31, my shower is on Sunday.  And yes I have been STALKING my registry.  It'll still be a surprise to see who the things are from, right?! Haha and I know that a lot of people are just buying things on their own, so I don't feel like I'm ruining anything.  I can't wait to get out of the house, dress up, see multiple human beings-all in one place- and eat fabulous, gourmet food.  That's one of the good things about working at a place where people appreciate and understand food.   I know everything is going to be set up so beautiful....Ahhhh I can't wait! I've missed those crazy women.  This will be my only escape from the house and I'll have to bring my special chair with me.  That's okay, I'll take it easy, because I gotta keep Judah safe!

See you along the journey--

No comments:

Post a Comment