Friday, August 13, 2010

26 Week Update

Today has been a long day.

At our ultrasound today we found out that my cervix has indeed shortened again and is down to 2.6.  I went to see Pat, the other midwife (Sheela was in Lords Valley today), and when she checked me she confirmed that my cervix was thin but very thankfully still closed.  It was also not funneled which is a good sign.

Because I've still been having contractions and because my cervix is at the point where it should be at about 34 weeks, I was admitted to the hospital to be hooked up to the monitors and get some testing done.  My blood work came back good--I'm not dehydrated, the GBS was not found in my urine--hooray we got the levels down, and the other infection seems to have been cleared up too.  Take that conventional doctors.  I did it with tons of probiotics and tea tree oil!

Of course since I was in bed the entire time I was in the hospital, I didn't have many noteable contractions since they're brought on by activity (I've had 5 since being out of there, ugh) so because of that and because of what the tests came back showing, Sheela and I talked and decided on a game plan.

I'm on modified bed rest meaning I can't lift, stand for more than a half hour, sit straight up and down (it puts too much pressure on my cervix), and as soon as I get tired I need to rest.  So what that means for working I have no idea...I need to figure out how to be realistic with myself and be still and listen to what my body is telling me I need to do.  Sheela said we just have to make it another 2 months and then I won't need to worry I guess.

On a good note, we got to meet a lot of the nurses and take a tour of the maternity ward.  It was cool because all the nurses spoke really highly of one another, spoke highly of the hospital itself, and were really accommodating.  It was really quiet there, they left you alone, and it wasn't scary.  It was very home-y actually, which sounds weird for a hospital.  It's definitely in need of some updating, but all in all it wasn't bad.  They also just got the approval for allowing water births!!!! Awesome!  Before you were only allowed to labor in the tub, but now (as long as little Judah keeps cooking away!) I'll be able to birth in the water if I want.  How exciting!!!

Even more exciting though, is our beautiful baby boy....who weighs 1 lb 14 oz now (no wonder why I got so big--he tripled in size in the last 6 weeks!)

I'm so excited to be able to share this video.  We're so appreciative of everyone's prayers and we hope that you will continue to pray for God's will, peace, and for Judah to grow big and strong :)


See you along the journey--

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Your making me cry! That's so crazy exciting! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a miracle it is. How amazing is God?!?!

    It melts my heart to see his little hand open and close and to see him try to put his thumb in his mouth...

    ReplyDelete